The client wanted to create a more suitable and engaging teaching solution for pre-school and elementary school children that would encourage children to:
- do some exercises on a daily basis,
- on their own initiative.
Conventional teaching methods are not effective for the new generation. With the rise of technologies it is almost impossible to engage them in a typical classroom setting, as the attention span has become a lot shorter.
An educational app, that would engage children and encourage them to do math and other exercises, motivated by the game-like mechanic, and teachers they recognize - playful animals.
We created an app based on educational standards set by National Center for Education „Gudrinieks”
7 types of exercises to develop mathematical understanding and skills:
for Android Play store and Apple appstore – „Gudrinieks” (eng. braniac; wise-guy). The app consisted of 7 different types of interactive exercises that were based on recommendations by the National Center for Education to develop mathematical understanding and skills:
• Learning and recognition of numbers
• Drawing numbers
• Recognition of geometric shapes and colors
• Logical thinking
• Adding and subtracting
• Multiplying and dividing
• Solving word problems
To make it more playful we designed a character system consisting of different cute animals that were giving feedback when answers were right or wrong.
- The app is downloaded nearly 30 000 times.
- On the Google play store it is rated by 489 people, with the average rating of 4.39/5.
- The app was recommended by school teachers and was proved to be an effective educational tool for the new generation.
- Nominated/Short-listed for "Platīna pele 2014"
- Special award by "eSkills for Jobs" for exceptional digital solution for education